Friday April 19, 2024

Packet8 Takes Over SunRocket Customers
  Posted by: AceBHound on Jul 18th, 2007 9:45 PM
Packet8 has signed an agreement with the organization liquidating SunRocket's assets to present SunRocket customers with an opportunity to transition their services to Packet8. They are offering 1 free month of service, free activation and free equipment.

Under terms of the agreement, Packet8 will waive all regular start up costs associated with its residential service plans plus offer one free month of service, a value of over $100. SunRocket will communicate with its 200,000 + subscribers via an email and voicemail campaign recommending they transition their service to Packet8 immediately.

According to some discussion on sunrocketforum.com, Packet8 may not be the best place to take your service after all -- as several previous Packet8 customers indicated. With other VoIP companies competing for business of SunRocket customers left in the dark, there are much better deals to be had.

Personally I'm choosing to wait on the sidelines while I figure out if I still want a VoIP/landline or just want to use my cell phone as my primary phone. Unfortunately some people have no choice but to scramble into another provider's service plan if they were using VoIP for their primary business phone or have no cell phone to fall back on.

View More Techdose Articles