Tuesday April 16, 2024

OSX 10.5 (Leopard) Arrives 10/26
  Posted by: AceBHound on Oct 25th, 2007 10:31 PM
In less than 24 hours, OSX 10.5 Leopard will be released. There are over 300 new features that Mac owners are anxiously awaiting. One really neat application is "Time Machine", a backup utility that lets you restore previously deleted files or files that were replaced with a different version. There is also a virtual desktop implementation called "Spaces" that allows you to customize how you group windows. Another cool organizational feature is an alternative way to viewing icons/files called "Stacks", whereby your files are organized in a folder in the doc and displayed in an elegant arc of files/icons when clicked.

I don't personally own any Mac yet, but every since OSX Tiger and the whole underlying OS being *nix, I have been very jealous of Mac users. I believe the next laptop I get will be a Macbook -- unless I find a cheaper ultra-portable Intel-based laptop that is able to run OSX 10.5 at full-speed and without issues. I would buy the OS in that case.. after all, it's like half of what they want for Windows Vista Home Premium and much cooler looking.

View More Techdose Articles