|Jungle Lord Update #5|
|Posted by: AceBHound on Nov 6th, 2010 9:48 AM|
|It's been a while since I've had a chance to work on the Jungle Lord pinball, between vacations and home projects I've been pretty busy. Last weekend I got a little further and took care of the General Illumination connector on the power supply that was heating up. I replaced both the male header pins on the board and the wire harness (female molex). This was a priority to me before doing any more work on the machine since if left on for long periods of time it could do some damage to the board or worst case start a fire if left as-is. The last owner had just cut part of the connector off and soldered wires directly to the male header pins, but the remaining half of the connector was still heating up. Anyway, it took a while to get the old pins out, but I learned some techniques on removing male header pins from a Williams Power Supply Board.
Remaining issues (that I know of so far) are the 1st and 3rd player score displays missing a digit, which might be either a chip on the CPU board or the display board. Also the game is now not always recognizing when you lose a ball, which it wasn't doing before -- so if it's not as easy as cleaning the leaf switch with a business card, I'm thinking another switch in that same column/row could be stuck on.