|Repairing an Electrical Plug With Ground Pin Cut Off|
|Posted by: AceBHound on May 15th, 2011 4:45 PM|
|Added a repair log / tutorial on repairing an electrical cord that has had is ground pin cut off. In particular the repair was done on a pinball machine that delivered a nice shock when you touched the metal on it. I was tired of getting shocked when working on or around the machine -- actually found I have several machines in need of a new plug.
DO NOT CUT THE GROUND PIN OFF of your appliances, electronic devices, pinballs, etc. Unless you want to get shocked or have the device act weird. The ground pin is there for a reason and if you absolutely must plug it into something without a ground pin, then get an 3-prong to 2-prong adapter, it's got to be easier than cutting through the ground pin after all! :)