Friday April 19, 2024

Time Lapse Video Idea - Repair
  Posted by: AceBHound on Oct 23rd, 2011 10:29 AM
I've done a lot of repairs on pinball boards in the last few years. I've always found electronic repairs interesting, especially at the very beginning when I was admittedly lost in how to diagnose any electronic issues. Anyway, was thinking of taking video of an entire board repair and taking all the footage (probably 6-8 hours or more) and doing some time lapse / artsy thing with it. I think it'd be kinda neat to do just once -- I usually forget to take pictures or video of anything until I'm already half-way through the process so figure if I can setup a tripod and just hit record any time I work on the "victim" board that'd be the easiest way to do it. Probably then compress it down to 3-5 minutes in the end =)

My victim? Possibly a very corroded "Data East" Version 1 pinball MPU board from a Laser War (picture shows corrosion on TIP122's). The board is not really worth fixing, about 1/3 of the components need to be replaced but I got a good price on some TIP122 transistors recently which will bring down the component cost quite a bit. Stay tuned. Hopefully I can get to it within the next month or so.. and find some decent freeware video editing software!

View More Techdose Articles