Sunday March 26, 2017

December 2013 Update
  Posted by: AceBHound on Dec 17th, 2013 7:04 AM
Seasons Greetings! Hard to believe it's December already, but I've had a busy 2nd half of the year working on house projects and not much time to devote to posting anything here.

I don't think I ever mentioned it but the 6264 NVRAM Adapters I sell now have a custom PCB board made up for them. Nothing has changed and they function the same as they had previously but now I can control the design and quality of the boards, plus it has the nifty "PINITECH.COM" text on it :)

Recently I've been working with several Skee-ball alleys. There's a Model E CPU (Model 78 machine, ie. built in 1978) that had non-working electronics. This early model CPU uses mostly 74xx series logic chips since it was built back when CPU chips were very expensive and it was cheaper to build electronics using logic gates. Pretty fascinating actually and at some point I'll hopefully get some more info posted on these earlier machines. The only non-standard IC on the board is what's referred to as a "timer chip" that looks like it's something custom that Deltronic Labs Inc. created. Have not been able to find any info on this at all. Anyway, turns out the cpu unit had the 5v voltage regulator go bad in it.. no 5v to power the electronics. Once replaced all was well.

I've been selling some of my custom pinball tester boards on eBay and my Pinitech website. Have been kept busy in my couple hours of free time staying ahead of orders and shipping them out, trying to build up some extra inventory so I'm not creating the boards on-demand as I get the orders. Overall it's worked out pretty well.. I'm happy recouping costs of prototyping and materials.. anything beyond that is a bonus.

More updates and new projects to come in the new year! Merry Christmas!

Read More

View All Articles